Designer Spotlight: Melinda Orr

Each week, we are talking to jewelry designers and/or bead artists who enjoy incorporating leather, ribbon and cords into their work. We will get to know each designer, show off their jewelry creations and ask them their thoughts about using fibers in jewelry. 

Today we are talking with Melinda Orr

So, Melinda, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Creating is my world~ I specialize in handcrafted jewelry designs & components made from copper, brass, beads and leather. Peace Creek studio is located on our beautiful farm in the hills of Northern Central Pennsylvania. I'm forever searching for new design ideas through nature and life. I create what I love to make. My perfect is most others imperfect~ I currently have my designs available online through Etsy and at a few local Artisan Markets. You may contact me via: 
Facebook: Melinda Orr Designs
Twitter:  Melinda Orr


What's your favorite type of cording or fiber to work with in jewelry?

My favorite all out is leather.  I purchase many different Greek (leather) cord colors and scrap leather pieces in different textures that I can cut to fit my project.
  


Why do you like working with cords and fibers in your designs? What quality draws you to these materials?

 I love the feel, smell and look of leather.  I believe it adds warmth to each piece of metal....it balances it and creates a setting of rustic life, very much like my own.  

Melinda, I love your jewelry creations. Thank you for talking with us!

You can find more of Melinda at her blog: Melinda Orr Metal & Clay Jewelry
And
more of her jewelry at her Etsy Shop: Melinda Orr Designs 
 

Search This Blog

Most Reading