Designer Spotlight: Heather Trudeau

This week's featured designer is Heather Trudeau , a.k.a. The Peacock Fairy!

So Heather, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
                                                                                                                              
Heather:  By day, I count money (unfortunately, it's not mine). By night, I count beads. I LOVE peacocks, and I have a 6th sense to seek out peacock items. Second to peacocks, I like owls. My husband puts up with my hoarding because I put up with him! All joking aside, we are very much in love with each other and our two chihuahuas. And we are now expecting our first child! I serve as Secretary on the Board of my local Art Center and sit on various other committees there. My jewelry can be found for sale on Etsy, the Art Center of Battle Creek, and other local art fairs and stores. Oh, and Halloween is my favorite holiday!

 





  
What's your favorite type of cording or fiber to work with in jewelry? 

Heather: Leather. I love the smooth texture of it, and the smell! I love the natural quality it adds to a piece of jewelry.

Why do you like working with cords and fibers in your designs? What quality draws you to these materials? 

Heather: They can soften up the look of a piece, and it's nice to have a different type of stringing material other than the usual standard wire or metal. 

Thanks, Heather!

You can find Heather at her blog: The Peacock Fairy ,
find more of Heather's jewelry in her Etsy Shop
And
her wood burned beads and components in her Loose Feathers Shop!


 

Search This Blog

Most Reading